Cake, glorious cake!
Need I say anymore…
If, like me, you believe that cake is life then this blog post is going to be right up your street.
I love doing a spot of baking and this time I have taken inspiration from a recent dessert I had at a family meal.
These jammy, marzipan, spongy treats are layered perfection and are a great accompaniment to a cuppa.
Without further ado here are my Raspberry & Almond slices…
I followed the recipe on the BBC Good food website, because it’s just brill and their recipes always work so well. Check it out for yourself –> BBC Good Food Raspberry & Almond slices
1. Roll out that shortcrust pastry into the bottom of your traybake tin and cut to size.
2. Prick with a fork and leave to chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
3. Whilst this chills prepare your almondy sponge.
4. Cream together your eggs and sugar. Add the rest of your ingredients into an electric mixer and whisk until combined. Be ready to smell the most sumptuous sponge mixture, it’s divine.
5. Once the pastry has chilled, bake in the oven for 8-10 mins until it is cooked but not too coloured.
6. Leave to cool for a little bit then it’s time to add that fruity, jam layer.
7. Dot the jam over the pastry, no need to spread! & sprinkle over your just thawed frozen raspberries.
8. Pour over your sponge mix, sprinkle with flaked almonds and bake for 35-40 mins.
9. Leave to cool before cutting into your slices (or desired shape)
These jammy bars are made up of a few simple componants that work so well together. The frozen raspberries are a tangy hit to the tongue and the flaked almonds add a delicious crunch.
Enjoy and let me know how you get on if you give these a try.
What’s your favourite flavour combination?
Until next time,