So I recently blogged about our Valentine’s day meal that I made Slimming World friendly. It was really yummy and with a few select ingredients I didn’t feel like I was missing out either.
Slimming World Tomato and basil soup.
I brought the tomato and basil soup from the Iceland frozen Slimming World range. It’s really yummy, super easy and syn free.
Slimming World lasagne with garlic bread.
I was really pleased at how well this came out. Here’s what you’ll need:
X2 light Mozzarella balls
Light grated cheddar cheese
Tub of extra light philadelphia cheese
A splash of milk
Large plum tomatoes
X2 tins of chopped tomatoes
Garlic fry light
1 large white onion
1 red pepper
5 % lean mince
Salt & pepper
X2 wholemeal bread rolls
X2 Fresh garlic cloves
1. Soak lasagne sheets in boiling water.
2. Chop onions and fry in garlic frylight. Brown the mince.
3. Add the tins of chopped tomatoes and season with salt, pepper and herbs. Cook for 20 mins on a low heat.
4. Slice the large tomatoes and mozzarella.
5. Heat the philadelphia, milk, salt and pepper in a saucepan.
6. Once all components are cooked layer up the lasagne. First put some of the tomato and mince mix, then a layer of tomato slices, some mozzarella slices and the creamy sauce and top with pasta sheets.
8. Sprinkle with grated cheddar and bake in the oven until the cheese turns golden.
1. Toast the bread lightly in the oven.
2. Whilst the bread is toasting melt some butter and garlic together in the microwave.
3. Take the garlic butter mix and smear over the bread. The heat will make the bread absorb the butter. Make sure you put plenty on.
4. Sprinkle with seasoning and parsley.
The philadelphia cheese can be counted as your HEX A allowance, the wholemeal roll for your HEX B allowance.
GU chocolate soufflés
These are so delicious, a great treat and just enough to round off the meal nicely. They are exactly 15 syns which is your daily allowance.
I thought this was great because although it uses all your syns it’s a great dessert. The creamy philadelphia and mozzarella make the lasagne seem really indulgent, paired with the garlic bread and yummy chocolate dessert and you’ve got a delicious 3 course meal without going completely syn crazy.
So my top pointers:
☆Get the most out of your Healthy extras. Use them to make food and meals more indulgent! Make a meal you never would think you’d be able to eat on Slimming World.
☆Use your syns! Treat yourself, you won’t succeed by denying yourself what you want. If your having a special meal find a dessert that is 15 syns or less and enjoy it, if you go over a little bit it’s not going to be as bad as it could be and your still in control.
☆Sneak in lots of S foods. Recipes like lasagne and Bolognese are great for this, garlic, chilli, onion, tomatoes, pepper, mushrooms! S food-tastic!
I hope this has given you some inspiration! Happy eating.
Until next time,