I love a bit of baking so I thought I’d get festive and make some mince pies. They made the flat smell so yummy and festive.
I used the recipe that I mentioned in my homemade Christmas treats blog, it’s Slimming World friendly but, don’t let this put you off as they taste just the same as normal mince pies they are just a bit smaller.
Below is the ingredients, method and some pictures I took whilst I was making them.
low calorie cooking spray
227g/ 8oz plain flour
A pinch of salt
113g/ 4oz butter or margarine, cut into small cubes
16 level tbsp mincemeat
1 level tsp icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
2. Lightly spray some bun tins with low calorie cooking spray.
3. Make the pastry;
Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the fat and gently rub it in with your fingertips. Add sufficient cold water to mix to a ball that leaves the sides of the bowl clean.
4. Rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface.
5. Cut out 32 rounds with a 7.5cm/3 inch fluted cutter. Use to line the prepared bun tins.
(I couldn’t find my round cutter so I used the bottom of a cup.)
6. Divide the mincemeat between the pastry cases.
7. Roll out the remaining pastry trimmings and make some little stars with a star cutter. Use to decorate the tops of the tarts.
8. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and lightly coloured.
9. Cool on a wire rack and dust lightly with the icing sugar.
Here are my finished mince pies 🙂
They were really yummy especially with a cuppa.
3 days to go!
Until next time,